Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, April 3, 2009

Dia Mirza's ready to kick butt


Mumbai: Dia Mirza has undergone some rigorous training for her forthcoming film Acid Factory.
The actor has sweated it out very hard for around 40 days to build biceps and strengthen muscles. She also took the help of action-director Tinu Verma to prepare for the film.
"I went through hell. It felt like I was back in school as I used to wake up at 5.30 in the morning. I went through around three months of training like this with 40 days of intensive work-out to strengthen my body. The role needed someone who could do some really strenuous action stunts and kick some butt and I had to build my body accordingly to take all that," Dia says.
She adds: "I trained really hard with Arbaaz Khan's trainer Rakesh in Chandigarh and then also with Tinu Verma with whom I worked out for around two hour everyday at Film City. From there when I came back, I used to train for another two hours at home. Again in the evening I worked out for two hours more. This schedule had to be followed for three months. But I am really happy with the outcome as it's looking very good."
Dia adds that it was the desire to land the role in Sanjay Gupta's film that pushed her to her limits.
"When Sanjay casually narrated me the script, I was blown away. I really wanted to do it but how could I have asked him as he never mentioned my name then. I started training hard for the role as I had an idea what he was looking for. I had time at my hand as Sanjay was not casting then. I knew I was a little unconventional for the part of a negative character but that was my challenge. After the effects were evidently showing post training, I met Sanjay and he was really excited. I went through a screen test and I bagged the role finally," she says, laughing.

source:movies.indiainfo.com

No comments:

Your Ad Here